School Health Programme.
JYOTHRIGAMAYA is one of the prestigious projects in the department of Homoeopathy started in all district from 2005 -2006. This idea was originally conceived by Dr. S. Gopikumar, Medial officer Poonjar Thekkaekara, Kottayam district in the year 2003 2004 and implemented at St Augustin High School, Poonjar. The inspiring outcome his activities were brought before Govt. Of Kerala by Dr. P Sunny J Jacob, then the DMO (Homoeo) of Kottayam and Director of Homoeopathy, at that time, Dr. K M Baby. Govt. has sanctioned to conduct a pilot programme in Poothakulam Govt. High School, Kollam for further evaluation. After reviewing the scope and achievement of this pilot project, Govt. of Kerala decided to implement this project in two selected schools in every district. Initially this project was designated as “Baudhika Manasika Vikasanam, Homoeopathiyiloode high school thalathil”. From 2009 – 2010 onwards this project is re-designated as “JYOTHIRGAMAYA” with a technical advising committee – STEP( School health Technical Expert Personal) headed by Director of Homoeopathy Trivandrum to enhance , co-ordinate and evaluate the activities of this project throughout Kerala.
Aim of the Project:
- To uplift the total academic performance and make every student to contribute a positive attitude in society
- Early Detection and correction of behavioural aberrations and learning problems
- Motivating and Creating value oriented vision among teenagers.
Scope of the project
The dynamic effect globalization in Kerala creates a different milieu to everyone, particularly the teenagers. Changes in socio-economic demands, cultural and ethical issues etc. make them apprehensive, clumsy in handling problems, want of motivation , aggression and so on in certain set of teenagers and children . In some cases it may even extent to behavioural problems and poor academic performance. In this context Homoeopathy view these kinds of problems in children and teenagers in a holistic concept and consider every individual as a unique person. Through the project “JYOTHIRGAMAYA” homoeopathy department offers help to such groups in the following ways
- Help the teenagers to tackle emotional and behavioural problems
- Help them to withstand and psycho- social stressful situations
- Help to correct faulty learning practices
- Help the school going children to realize their potentialities
- Help in diagnosing those students who need medical intervention
The project starts and completes within the school calendar year. Only two schools in a year are selected for this project.
- District Medical Officer (Homoeopathy) is the implementing officer for each district. Under his supervision a team of doctors from department work with the help of systematic and earnest inputs from teachers, parents and PTA
- A general awareness programme is given to the parents, teachers and students on the opening day of the project.
- In the subsequent days every student in high school section is interrogated with specially designed case format to check the intellectual, emotional, and social interaction. Physical examination is also done to check for any pathological conditions.
- Similarly a specific format will be given to parents and teachers to evaluate and take this as a corroborative material to delineate the need of correction, support, and guidance to the concerned.
- In the subsequent phase doctors will evaluate each case and give suitable medicines for the needy students.
New projects to be launched in the coming years
- Teenager’s Clinic for adolescents at the district level
- Research wing in regional centres for behavioural problems and Learning disabilities
Current Scenario in different Districts:
|< Prev||Next >|